The following are the more popular training topics requested by schools and community organizations:
- Raising Healthy Children (Part 1): Understanding the effects of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) on the emotional and physical health of children. (Teachers/School Support Staff/Administrators/Parents)
- Creating Sanctuary Classrooms and Sanctuary School Communities (Part 2): Recognizing that 12-15% of children are carrying the burden of toxic stress and childhood trauma, how can we create classrooms and school communities that actually promote attachment, healing and recovery? (Teachers/School Support Staff/Administrators/Parents)
- Resiliency: Is persistence and perseverance simply present or absent in some children? Is it possible for resiliency to be nurtured in children, regardless of age? The responsibility lies with ALL the adults in a child’s life, at home and at school, and in community events. (Teachers, Support Staff, Administrators, Parents)
- Intervention and Referral Services (I&RS) Teams in NJ: This session looks at the current school model and successes, and works with staff to reorganize its I&RS Team effort. (I&RS Team Members)
- Understanding Grief and Loss: When a loved one dies, or when there is another important loss in one’s life (breakup/divorce; job; move; school) it is natural for us to grieve. However, complicated losses often lead to complicated grief, which might need a more focused intervention.